Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Magnetic Jewelry for Weight Loss? #2

Here's a couple of extracts from online ads for magnetic earrings for weight loss.

"Scientists at the University of Toronto thoroughly tested the Acu Slim program. In their clinical study, over 97% of Acu Slim wearers showed significant weight loss over a 9-week period, regardless of initial weight. By comparison, a group wearing ordinary ""placebo"" earrings had no significant weight loss"

"Get the slim figure you've always wanted with the Acu Slimâ„¢ magnetic earrings weight loss program! The Acu Slimâ„¢ magnetic earrings' rare earth magnets gently exert pressure on your earlobes to suppress your desire to eat. It combines modern medical techniques with accupressure to help you lose weight quickly, safely and effectively. Just wear the magnetic studs (in stylish gold or pearl) while following the simple program of nutrition and moderate exercise and watch the pounds melt away.For centuries people have been relying on magnets and acupressure for pain relief. Now, it's been discovered that they may be useful for weight loss."

I've tried to find that study by the scientists at the University of Toronto. I was curious about how you could have 'placebo' magnetic earrings. Basically you can take two fairly strong magnets, put one each side of your ear lobe and they will stay in place. My 2500 gauss magnetic dots do that beautifully. I wanted to sell magnetic earrings, but the samples I've received so far don't always stay on very well. My magnetic dots do stay on well and they look good so I use those myself.

But placebo magnetic earrings? hmmmmmm! Show me and then I'll believe in them!

I see that the university test had exercise and diet components as well. Well, those would help one lose weight for sure.

I wish I could find out more about acupuncture. Is this wearing magnetic earrings for weight loss a con or is it for real?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home